Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sundays... not my favorite day of the week

I use to love Sundays. When you are in a relationship, it's great to sleep in and cuddle in bed. Wake up and make breakfast and generally just spend the day being close to one another. I find now it's the most difficult day of the week. Knowing that the time to go back to work is just around the corner coupled with doing nothing, or having nothing that you want to do is killer to me. I usually end up being a mess of myself on Sundays. I want a day to lay in bed and snuggle. I want slow kisses and tender embraces. Sundays always set me back a little.

So I've met 2 guys. Writer guy I'm totally hung up on. He's a successful fiction writer. Owns his own house. Is a dog lover and broke down my defenses pretty quickly. We've just had a hard time seeing each other. He lives like 45 minutes away and had car troubles shortly after we met. Now his in California working on snagging a pretty lucrative book deal. I'm so excited for him and want him to get this book deal, but he stuck around long enough to make me like him then left. He wants me to say that I'm his and that I'll wait for him, but I just can't do it. I really really want to say that to him but I can't.

So then there's IT guy. Very sweet guy. The kind of "nice guy" you know always finishes last. He makes really good money, is a dog lover as well and definitely available. I just wish I had met him first. I'm totally hung up on the writer and want to see if that goes somewhere.

I know, right, quite the problem to have. I went from one loser boyfriend to two really good catches. How does a girl pick? How do you know what the right move is for you? I'd usually say follow your "heart" or your "gut instincts" but I'm not sure if those things will lead me good places.

No comments:

Post a Comment